Consulting & Employment History
Dr. Claire Manning, based on over 20 years consulting and research experience, has developed strategies to make learning and development in the workplace more accessible to all people regardless of their learning habits. She has worked with both private and public sectors where she was involved in investigating and communicating strategy and change initiatives to all organisational levels of a variety of workplaces.
Claire’s research and experience has confirmed that diverse, engaging and challenging learning will ensure adults are motivated to make learning, development and capacity building a continuing priority in all aspects of their lives. Claire’s personal passion of learning is reflected in her qualifications gained after returning to school as a mature aged student:
- Bachelor of Arts (Education, English & Sociology) Macquarie University
- Masters of Adult Education (Adult Literacy) University of Wollongong
- Doctorate of Education (Using Arts Based Learning for Work Relate Learning) University of Wollongong
Summary of Recent Work:
- In 2016 led the design, developed and facilitation of a pilot Advocate Training for parents and carers of children with disabilities and additional needs. Through a highly successful community partnership between the University of Wollongong and two regional non for profit family care organisations Claire collaborated with everyone involved and took a lead in designing an interactive 8 week program (1/2 day per week) that covered a range of topics related to supporting families to build skills and confidence to be a strong voice for their children including a focus on the upcoming introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- From 2014 to 2016 worked with a small research team conducting an evaluation of an inclusion program that supported children with additional needs. This program involved working with parents, carers, allied health services trans-disciplinary team and early childhood education and care educators. Work involved: project managed the data collection process; built strong relationships and collaborated with all stakeholders; conducted interviews, focus groups, field observations and collected program data from all stakeholders; undertook data and narrative analysis; presented at conferences and co-wrote final report.
- From 2011 to 2014 tutored both Primary and Secondary Pre Service Teacher students. Involved all aspects of the tutor role including: designing and delivery weekly interactive tutorial tasks that complemented the lectures and providing extra opportunities (outside set tutorial times) to learn and discuss sociological aspects of education.
Click to see a copy of my resume.
If you would like to find out more about my work and consulting experience, creative writing workshops or arts-based learning give me a call or send me your details.
MOBILE NUMBER: 0411 436 092